Saturday 13 April 2013

Books of magic

My research is leading me closer to my goal though my nights are now without sleep and my sustenance consists of such scraps of edible material as I can find throughout my abode.

I have found that, currently, magic is available only outside our world of Minecraft and complex spells must be brought into this world from an external file using the prompt as explained by the venerable Walter Higgins.  To allow magical scripts to persist in our world I will try to use a Book & Quill. With this I should be able to record and store the required scripts.

The next problem will be to bring the power of ScriptCraft to scripts stored in the Book & Quill objects.  My studies of ancient and deep ScriptCraft has led me to its ancestor JavaScript and the power word eval. This arcane incantation will apply the power of JavaScript to any string of letters. Now, if I can only make use of this knowledge in the world of Minecraft, I will have a way of casting the spells recorded in the Book and Quill objects.  Dear reader, please pray that this avenue will finally lead me to my goal.

Tiredness now overtakes me. I feel it's pull and I will have to give in before I can continue my studies. I hope to be able to return to this manual and report success before long.

From a place drifting between the world of Minecraft and the infinite dimension of the Internet,
Yours faithfully,
DigiMage



No comments:

Post a Comment