Thursday 16 April 2015

Book and Quill interlude

Too long I have been away from the world of Minecraft.  Always I intended to return, but the distractions of the real are many and not easily ignored.
Here I want to record the basics of how to acquire a Book and Quill, the basic of any magicians power.  For most inhabitants this will be trivial but for the untried Noob it might come handy as indeed it would have done for me on my return after my long absence.

The quickest path to acquire a book and quill foolows these steps:

  • Enter the world in Creative mode
  • Press 'e' to see your inventory.
  • Click on the compass icon to enter search mode
  • Type in 'book and quill' and the only item remaining in the display grid should be the 'Book and Quill'
  • Drag the 'Book and Quill' down into your inventory slots
  • Press 'ESC' to return to the game



When not in Creative mode you can craft a 'Book and Quill' from a 'Book' an 'Ink Sac' and a 'Feather'.  The details of this process and further details on how to craft a book and obtain 'Ink Sacs' and 'Feather' are best gained from the all powerful Oracle.

Having recorded this trivia to facilitate future absences and stray Noobs, I now hope to progress to start exercising my powers in the world

DigiMage

No comments:

Post a Comment